Sunday, May 4, 2014

Day 7 - Villatuerta to Estella - Sunday May 4

After I washed clothes, Stoney hung them on the line to dry. I rested and then took a great shower. La Casa Magica was wonderful. We had a delicious dinner of first course - huge mixed salad with tuna, next course of peas, beans, some ham and onions. Amy from Australia joined us for dinner. 
I had fish and Nick had beef. Both were very good. Desert was a warm puff pastry filled with vanilla pudding.

In the entry was the lineup of trekking poles and shoes ...

Joe from Ireland (in pic) and the Money sisters were here. I met Fred from Germany and saw many familiar faces but have not actually met them. It was Joe's idea for this pic. I am glad he suggested it. (I never saw him again. I hope he made it to Santiago).
Above is the entry door to La Casa Magica and the entry foyer.  I was pleased to rest in the chair but saddened to see other weary Pilgrims turned away because they had not made a reservation and the place was full. Estella, the next town, was approx. 2 miles further.

Mass was very special. The 14th century Church of the Annunciation was filled and everyone sang. I made a few videos but have not uploaded. 



Sisters are from the Phillipines. 



Slept pretty well despite the cold virus. I was very tired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment