Thursday, May 8, 2014

Day 11 - Thurs. May 8 - Navarette to Najera - 10.5 miles from 6:40 amto 10:30 am

It is 3 am as I begin this entry. All of my life since I can remember, the coughing phase of the cold virus is the part that bothers me the most. I brought 6 (3 doses) of cough suppressant gel tabs with me and Tessalon pearls (8), a prescription non-narcotic cough suppressant which are very tiny. I cannot find them. I awoke because of a coughing fit. We are in twin beds and I coughed into the pillow and mattress and so far Stoney has remained asleep. I am grateful for that. I took 2 of the gel tabs and in about 30 min. I should be able to go back to sleep without coughing. I am wondering what I might get at a local "farmicia."  I took the last two sudafed we had to dry up the drip just before bed. Stoney never gets this phase of a cold. He's lucky. I brought the Beconase inhaler which will take about 5-7 days to help dry up the vasamotor rhinitis and the post nasal drip which aggravates the cough. Before an allergist gave me this medication, more times than not, a cold would end up going into bronchitis and I am very thankful for this medication. So much for the boring diatribe!  Going to lay back down and see if I can get back to sleep. We have a shorter (10.5 mile) day coming up in a few hours.

Another fantastic morning. It was cool but not cold with a gentle breeze and beautiful sunrise. My ipad does not capture it well. We were not walking in the dark.
We got underway about 6:40 am. It was flat but I was moving slow. I did not gert much sleep due to the coughing. 

We saw lots of sickly looking cats hoping for some food.  We saw a woman who fed two of them. 


Daily we walk by family gardens. A first for me was to see artichoke plants. I haven't snapped a pic yet.

Flat and a lot of dust.

More vineyards.

This is the largest climbing Rose bush I have ever seen. Can't begin to imagine its age. The base is huge.
We walked near enough to a highway all day to hear the sounds. We crossed over and under at various places.

Tomorrow we will be in Santo Domingo de la Calzadzo and Burgos on Tues., May 12th -- God 
willing. 
Interesting sign.


We were surprised to see this sign. Only 1k to Najera. We made good time today. 


That's Najera.


We found our place for the night. Did wash, cleaned up and had pizza for lunch.

Walked around.

This tree is more than 100 years old. 


Sat by the river and watched the people. It was a great day on the Camino. Our place is filled for the night with the sign on the door COMPLETO. we keep being told that this is the busiest May ever. 

1 comment:

  1. I am sure the movie has alot to do with the busyness.Your pictures are awesome...am enjoying them so much.Beautiful.I am glad you have the meds to prevent bronchitis....would be a setback to deal with that.You are making very good time....keep going,friend...love-sha

    ReplyDelete