Sunday, April 6, 2014

God is the Friend of Silence

"We need to find God, and He cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature – trees, flowers, grass – grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence… We need silence to be able to touch souls." ~ Mother Teresa  





These pictures were taken on the Camino by pilgrims who have completed their journey. I'm sure you'll agree with me that they are beautiful.  When I look at each one, I am drawn into the silence of God. As I look at the colors of Spring (notice the differences in the greens), the brilliant red of the poppy, the new growth on the grape vines, the sky (whether cloudy or clear), how the sunlight filters through the forest, I give thanks to God the Creator for giving us such a beautiful world.



 I give thanks to God for giving me eyes that are opened to see this beauty. I give thanks to God for giving me health and the desire to walk in and enjoy nature.  I expect there will be times of silence each day as we walk whether together or alone. I give Him thanks in advance for all that will be on The Way.

We are giving thanks for a friend of 25+ years. On April 2nd, Beth called and booked our Non Revenue Listing. On that day there were approximately 45 available seats on the flight to Brussels.  I think she said there are 2 others listed and hoping to get on this flight. Needless to say, we are excited. As the travel day approaches, I am enjoying the sound of a gentle rain. I went into our yard after a little shower and listened to the birds sing and took pics of our flowers clothed in rain drops.

                                          Psalm 46:10 - Be still, and know that I am God.


My favorite azalea --


 Isaiah 40:8 - The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever.
The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever. - See more at: http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Flowers#sthash.7RNfKNfv.dpuf
The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever. - See more at: http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Flowers#sthash.7RNfKNfv.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment